Is that how the song goes?
We had a great Monday at our house! I don't know what got into me, but I woke up with Amy at 6:00 and pretty much didn't stop going until 9:00pm. And I managed to have the energy to handle it. It was incredible! I wish every day could be like that. But alas, today I am tired - probably a result from fitting so much into yesterday. So I took a nap when Amy did this morning, and I'm still in my pajamas - not that that's a bad thing; I love my pajamas.
So back to yesterday, I think my favorite part was Family Home Evening. That's the part where I get to be with Matt so of course it was my favorite! He got home at 6, and I immediately asked if we could have FHE early. (We normally don't start til 7.) He was reluctant because he was hungry and hoped to eat dinner first, but he was willing. So we had our song and prayer and then it was my turn for lesson. I warned him that it was a lesson that I would love and he would hate. He laughed. Then I told him my plan.
Now you need to know that the first Monday of the month we try to always do lessons on preparedness - sometimes we get distracted. So I told Matt that this lesson was to prepare him for what to do if I am not home and he needs to make and eat dinner all by himself. I'm trying to expand his horizons beyond macaroni and cheese and pasta roni. So I taught him how to make homemade waffles with grain mix flour. He did great! All I did was tell him the recipe and set the table. They were delicious! And he said he liked the lesson. He was glad to know how to do it. (It's not a hard recipe, but it's still more than he would normally do.) I was thrilled by his response. And by the fact that we finished dinner and our FHE lesson before we normally started FHE. And most of all by the fact that I didn't have to make dinner. Thanks Matt! Great job!
Then we went outside to play with a cool new ball for our activity. We mostly focused on Amy having fun playing. It was a great activity. Then ice cream for treat.
We put Amy to bed at 8:30, and we were in bed reading by 9:00. Lights out at 10:00. You may not think this is that special, but it was wonderful to me!!! Especially since Amy likes to get up at 6. Yay for Mondays!
Ha, ha! What an awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you make dinner most of the time...at our house it's about 50/50. Andrew is willing to try new recipes and he's a pretty good cook, so if I haven't made dinner or seem like I'm probably not going to, he'll jump right in and do it! He's awesome!
Here's hoping that you can teach Matt enough "preparedness" that he'll be able to do the same.
He is an award-winning chef, after all!
Amen! Great Idea!!! Lately I've been writing "instruction" cards for Clay to make helping me more easy (ex. how to wash H~'s diapers, how to put H~ to bed, how to give H~ a bath) not that Clay doesn't know HOW to do these things, it's just that I know the RIGHT way, (or rather the way that H~ prefers them to be done) so I'm trying to make his life easier. I don't know why I didn't think to make it an FHE activity. Next Monday we will be doing the same thing at our house.
ReplyDelete