Wednesday, July 22

Rockin R Ranch

After the 4th of July I started getting stressed getting ready for the next events. The following weekend (Thursday through Saturday) we spent at Rockin R Ranch with Matt's family. We had a wonderful time, and I enjoyed relaxing. I just want to say a big thank you to all those who watched, held and played with our girls while we were there. That made it truly a vacation, to be able to relax and do fun activities. I also loved the times the four of us spent doing activities together. And I LOVED getting a few extra naps in. We all had a wonderful time (despite thinking that some of these activities weren't really our thing). Amy LOVES being with family maybe even more than I do (which is impressive). She got to know more family members which she and I were both excited about. Here are a few pictures to document the event:

Here's Amy with one of her top 5 of the Parks/ McLaughlin side of the family, her uncle Dean:















Amy and I are on the hayride here. Amy had a good time on the hayride. I was glad she wasn't scared:















Amy and Jack on the swings:





















My first time doing archery. I guess I wasn't terrible. It was fun:

















There are a few activities not shown in pictures. (I'll have to get a few more pictures from Grandpa who always had his camera with him - unlike me.)

I went horse back riding with three nieces and a nephew. We had a great time - except when Rachel's horse stopped to poop. My horse (named Bonnie) pulled up next to hers and put me right in the path of Rachel's horse's swinging tail. And I ended up getting horse poop on me. I was pretty upset (not really.)

Matt and I got to go tubing down the river together (with other family members.) Amy and Noel slept almost the whole time we were gone making babysitting pretty easy. I'm glad about that. It was fun tubing. I was a little nervous because last time I went tubing I fell in right at the beginning. I had a hard time getting back up and lost my glasses in the river. The rest of that trip I was freezing and nervous. So I wondered if I would like it this time. I did.

Each night we stayed up after kids went to bed to play games. I love doing that and hardly think a family get-together is legitimate without game playing.

We had a birthday surprise celebration for Matt's mom. That led to sitting around and talking which was also very fun.

We spent some time around a campfire making smores and roasted starbursts. Matt and I enjoyed a short game of horseshoes while we were out there.

Matt and I also played a bit of ping pong. I won one game; he won two.

Amy rode a horse a couple of times. I missed the first experience, but apparently, she was terrified - common theme with Amy and new things that move. Her 4-year-old cousin, Hannah was doing fine and was willing to have Amy join her. So with Hannah's arms around her tummy, and Grandpa close by the whole time, Amy was only nervous, not terrified. The next day she didn't need Hannah, but she was still nervous. We hoped to have her try one final time on Saturday but didn't get to. I'm just proud of her when she tries things she thinks are scary and gets less scared of them.

We missed the rodeo that they let the families participate in, but that was ok with us. We had to get home Saturday to get ready for Sunday. Am I forgetting anything? I don't know. But we had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. We gave a copy of all our pixs to Dean. He was suppose to copy them and give them to everyone. It was a great time. The rodeo was more fun than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]