This last week Matt was required to use PTO (paid time off) for the first 3 days and was given the last 2 off anyway. So we made a big list of the projects we wanted to work on during the week. Things that we never get around to but always wish were done. We worked really hard. I'm especially impressed with all Matt did. He was great. I ended up spending quite a bit of time preparing for and doing and following up with Black Friday shopping. So we are a little closer to getting Christmas shopping done, and I think the girls are finally ready to dress warm this winter. That was a bit of a problem - not having warm clothes for Amy. It was so nice to spend so much time together too, even if we had lots of responsible (sometimes read: boring) stuff to do.
Thanksgiving was wonderful! We went to Melissa's grandparents house. (Melissa's my sister-in-law.) Her family is so fun and kind and hospitable. We are grateful for their efforts to help us not feel like orphans. They are all so cute to our girls, and Amy really loves them all. Don't you other moms love going places where as soon as you walk in, someone wonderful takes your children from you?
Also we stopped by my aunt and uncle's house in the morning and returned in the evening. It's family tradition since before I can remember to have Thanksgiving at their house. (We grew up 10 minutes away from each other in Houston.) We had a great time with them too. It's fun to see everybody and play games, and I loved watching Amy play with those cousins who she doesn't know as well. They loved playing "ready, set, go" (squealing with delight while running down Anne's long hallway.) I sure love Thanksgiving. And every year I think the thing I am most grateful for on this holiday is my family because we all have such a wonderful time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment
[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]