I'm too sleepy to do this story justice, but I don't want to forget to blog it. So here's the shortened version.
Last night I was depressed (no good reason, do not worry, I'm fine.) I was a little mood swingy and couldn't make up my mind what I wanted. Not much sounded good. We had Matt's mission reunion, but I really didn't want to go. And the kids were tired, and I was afraid they'd be really grumpy. But I didn't want to stay home without Matt either and have to put them to bed myself. I finally decided I wanted to go to the library.
It just so happened that a jazz trio was performing at the library last night, and Amy was thrilled. We didn't go sit in the audience, but Amy was transfixed in her spot listening, watching, and clapping (at appropriate times.) She even asked me if the instrument she saw was a trumpet. It wasn't. But she was awesome at saying euphonium, in case you were wondering.
We all love the library.
Amy loves reading books, riding the elevator, taking the stairs, telling me that the man in one of the statues is asleep and that we shouldn't wake him up, doing all sorts of things all by herself. At one point I was on the phone, and she asked for my library card. I gave it to her, and by the time I was done and ready to check out books, she already had it in the slot. And she knows just where to put the books to check them out. She's awesome at it. Partway through our excursion, Amy forgot that she was in a no talking mood and said something out loud. We laughed about it, and she decided to be in a talking mood. Which was great cause she had some funny things to say. Amy was tired and was wearing slippers (the girls went in their jammies) that were too small for her. But she stayed happy and was SO obedient, doing whatever I asked immediately. I was so impressed and happy with her.
Noel had a BLAST taking books off the shelf (and trying to eat them.) She even crawled more than she ever has (which really isn't much) to get to the books. I was so proud. Noel was tired and should have been hungry, but she stayed cheerful the whole time.
The concert lifted my spirits, and Amy and Noel lifted them even more. I enjoyed a few minutes of reading my own book while the girls did their thing with the board books. And I had a great time reading some books with Amy and listening to her "read." She cracks me up. By the time we left, I was very happy and amused, and I had lots to tell Matt about our fun time at the library. We even bought shakes on the way home to say thanks to Amy for being so good. (That's really why we went to get shakes. It just so happened that Matt and I each wanted one too. But that's beside the point.)
I felt like the girls' good moods when they were overly tired and Noel hungry were little miracles. I truly feel that God blessed me by helping them feel happy and have pleasant dispositions last night because they can cheer me like few other people/ things can. I was grateful to God and to my sweet girls (and to Orem Library which I love) for helping me feel happy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]