Wednesday, April 13

Free Cone Day

Free Cone Day was fun. It was the longest line I've seen at this Ben & Jerry's. It took between 15-20 minutes each time.



But having an audio book with me (Screwtape Letters - a very intriguing listen) made the line pass quickly. As part of each year's Free Cone Day, any tips given support a local charity. This year it was the Alliance House. In the past, the organization being supported has a table with a display to talk about who they are and one or two people to answer questions. This group was more proactive. They had a good 10 people there and were out in the line talking to people about who they were. They even brought a band! I was impressed with both their enthusiasm as well as who they are and what they represent.



  Here are some of them. The man in the red shirt's name is Jerry. I tried to persuade him to find someone in the line named Ben to take a picture with in front of the store, but I don't think he wanted to. (I should have taken this picture with B&J in the background - at any rate, you can kind of see the B&J canopy in the window reflection.) And there I'm holding my 8 cups, one for each scoop. For the record, I had:

  1. Sweet Cream & Cookies
  2. Clusterfluff
  3. Mint Chocolate Chunk
  4. Sweet Cream & Cookies
  5. Chocolate Fudge Brownie
  6. Strawberry
  7. Sweet Cream & Cookies
  8. Pomegranate Sorbet

Yum!

EDIT:
And today in our scrum meeting, my coworkers gave me this:


Thanks guys!

3 comments:

  1. Which flavor is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From B&J, my favorite flavor is Chocolate Therapy. After that, Peanut Butter Cup, Mint & Cookies, and Phish Food are my favorites. For those three, it kinda depends on the day, but I like each of them very much.

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]