So much has happened in the last while that we've missed blogging about. At the moment, I'm not going to try to catch up on things. That would be fun for me to do some other time.
Quickly though, I wanted to mention that on September 4th, I was released from having the best calling in the church. Yes, I'm sad about it... but at the same time I never thought I'd get to do it, so I'm very grateful for the 6 months I got. My new calling? Sr. Primary Chorister! So now instead of playing the Piano, I'm leading the kids in the music! My chorister was called to be in a BYU stake R.S. Presidency and I was called to fill her place. Wow. I'm a bit stunned.
I've done it twice now (the last two Sundays) and it's fun, but boy do I feel like I have a lot to learn. I'm interacting with 8-11 year olds. Everything about me from the age of 5 to 19 (at least) can be summed up in one word: awkward. I was very good at being and creating awkward all around me. Now I get to teach music to these great kids. I certainly feel a bit humbled, yet I like it too. I enjoy being in front of people teaching and, since it's kids, they tend to be a little more forgiving (and sometimes even like... I hope) some of my antics.
Here's for an exciting future!
I bet you're GREAT at that!
ReplyDeleteI bet you're great at it too... but only in Utah do they split the calling of Primary chorister and pianist into two callings... lol! Trying to make enough callings to go around, I guess. Out here you're lucky if all they've got for you is 2 callings.
ReplyDeleteIs Bonnie the chorister for junior primary? I thought thaat she was, but I may be mistaken. I bet those kids love you!
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed amy's birthday. We were out of town, so happy birthday to Amy! We are so happy that she was born!
Yes, Bonnie is Jr. Primary Chorister. That certainly adds to the fun!
ReplyDelete