Sunday, October 30

You and Me

The other day Noel and I were reviewing the full names of the members of our family. I would say one name at a time, and Noel would repeat.

We went through herself and her sisters.

Probably next was Mommy's name.

Finally Daddy.

Me: Matthew

Noel: Math-me

Me: [Laughing] Matthew

Noel: Math-me

Awesome.

Then tonight came another great conversation. As a piece of background, we sometimes do interviews with our children on Sundays after church. It is something my parents did with me - and I have funny notes from interviews with my dad when I was little. It is also something Oliver DeMille recommends. I usually ask the questions while Matt types as quickly as possible whatever comes out. So far we just record them, but maybe someday we'll compile some of the best things they said. Who knows. Anyway, it is something the kids enjoy and I do too.

So tonight I asked Noel if she wanted to have an interview. Her response? Yeah, an interv-me.

Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of my niece who went to her oldest brother's baptism, and then two years later went to her next oldest brother's baptism, and then asked, "When's my batis-her going to be?"

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]