Saturday, March 10

Getting Things Done

It's hard to believe it's been an entire year since I implemented the system from the book "Getting Things Done". There have been times I adhered to it closely and times I have left it unkept. However, I've loved it and I still do. More than anything it has given me a bit of peace about which projects I'm doing and which I'm not.

In the past year I have completed 59 projects using this system! And truth be told, I have done a number of projects completely outside of this system. That usually happened during the "unkept" times. Some projects were small and some were large, but I'm happy with my record.

One thing this has made me see is how many little projects pop up in life that you didn't really plan on doing. They're the ones that you have to do just going day to day, like renewing your drivers license, switch Internet providers, researching and buying a new baby monitor when your existing one breaks, researching and buying a new phone after losing the previous one, or just filing your taxes! These are ones with which I have an uneasy relationship. Some are required to obey the law and others are required to continue your current standard of living,  but none of them are things you would put on a list and say "someday I want to go/do/learn that." None of them are really building your dreams.

Anyway, that's my report that I had no need to give but that I wanted to because it feels good. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Aunt Katie and Bonnie and I lived in my parents basement. Every time that we accomplished something we would tell the other 2 and they would clap for us.It was really motivating. I am clapping for you! Good Job Matt! Bonnie-you got a good one!

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]