I don't remember too much of the last two weeks - I usually have to think quite a bit. I know I had two days in a row (Tuesday and Wednesday of last week) where I ran a MILLION errands. Do any of you ever do that? All of a sudden you have tons of things to get from tons of stores and cars that don't work and of course, a trip to DI. Then there is the usual house cleaning.
And for some reason, I swear I am nesting. Funny thing about it, I'm not pregnant. I promise.
I decided a little while ago that Amy's room needed some help. We used to have two bookcases in there because we couldn't think of any other place to put them in our little condo. But now that Amy can pull herself up on just about anything, we needed more careful babyproofing. So the bookcases are now in our room - not that they really fit. It's really crammed in there. I rearranged the furniture in Amy's room, and Matt brought a load of baby stuff that we no longer use up to my mom's over the weekend. We are really excited about how Amy's room looks now. Matt also put up a little hammock for Amy's stuffed animals - which we already have a ton of somehow. We have plans to put a shelf on the wall pretty high up where Amy can't reach to put our stereo. We like having it in her room so we can dance to lullabies during bedtime. But we obviously don't want Amy to reach. I'll take pictures when all these projects are done.
Thursday we went to Lagoon!!! Wahoo! It was so fun! We went with our friends, Lori and Marc and very much enjoyed getting to spend a whole day with them. My mom was so nice to take care of Amy all day - she thinks we did her a favor by letting her play with Amy so much. We got to ride a lot of rides and play at Lagoon A Beach. I opted out of the Rocket ride as it scares me to be that high in the air and not moving for so long. Other than that, the roller coasters didn't scare me. This was comforting because I have become a wuss since my childhood. I am scared of jumping off heights. If I am going fast though and I am secured well, I feel safe. So the roller coasters were fine. It was the ski lift thing that takes you across the park that scared me. I know some of you are thinking I am beyond ridiculous and irrational; I agree. It doesn't make sense. But it's true. We all had a great time and were very tired by the end of the day. Matt had quite a headache when we were done. YAY for Lagoon (and a day off)!!!
Wednesday night we had spent the night at my mom's so she could watch Amy. Thursday night we did again because we were too tired by the time we got to my mom's from Lagoon to drive to Orem. Then I convinced Matt to drive down to Orem on Friday by himself and bring the truck back up with the stuff we were wanting to store at my mom's. So we spent Friday night too. We finally came home on Saturday, driving together in the truck while my parents took Amy in the car. (They had to come to Provo anyway.) It was a wonderful weekend!
That's probably enough for now. I think I'll upload the pictures and see what we have there.
No comments:
Post a Comment
[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]