Wednesday, June 10

A Post about Poop

Number of packages of diapers we had when we brought Noel home from the hospital: 1 1/2 (we took home the rest of the diapers we were using in the hospital.

Number of days old Noel was when we had to buy more diapers: 6 (and it was the very beginning of the 6th day.)

Average number of times I change Noel's diaper during a feeding - particularly a nighttime feeding: 2. (Sometimes 3) She likes to go right after I change her diaper. Seems a waste of diapers, but what do you do.

Number of times Noel has gotten her "torpedo poop" all over me: 2. I quickly remembered the lesson we had learned with Amy, that when changing a newborn's diaper, you need to have the new diaper already under the bum to catch whatever might come out while you are still in the process. Because it shoots. Luckily Matt's been around both times to help me recover from the shock of suddenly being pooped on and to help clean up.

Amy likes "helping" me change Noel's diapers and has also taken to throwing them away in the diaper pail for me. That's nice.

2 comments:

  1. I think pooping in a freshly changed diaper is a newborn talent. =) They all seem to know how to do it everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I totally remember the torpedo poop. Once when Clay was still at church counting tithing, I was getting Sunshine ready for a family dinner (which we were in a huge hurry to get to) and she pooped ALL over me, the changing table, the side table with the wipes on it, and herself. When Clay walked in and saw the mess I was "trying" to clean up he burst out laughing. I was glad he laughed because I was right on the edge of sobbing and it did a lot to lighten the mood. Thank Heavens for good and helpful husbands!

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]