Thursday, September 17

And the Day Ended up Great

An update on yesterday was that the whole day turned out wonderful! I loved it!

In the evening, we had potential for problems. The dinner I had planned wouldn't work right so I had to switch meals using the chicken I had already thawed. Matt suggested Parmesan Chicken, and I jumped in. The problem was it took long enough that Amy was very hungry and grumpy by the time I was done. She ended up just having salad and chocolate milk for dinner.

A potential disaster was averted, however, in that Matt was gone most of the evening (bishopric meeting), and Noel was awake during much of my dinner making process. She had napped and then woken up in her bed and started sucking on her fingers. I bet she was awake for an hour and a half before she finally made a little cry. Just lying in bed by herself. It was what I needed in order to make dinner and get Amy fed. And try to keep her happy. I feel that the Lord helped Noel be peaceful and quiet so that I could take care of other things and of Amy. What a blessing! As a result, I managed to not freak out.

When I got Noel up, Amy and I had finished all her bedtime routine except prayer. So we prayed and snuggled on the rocking chair in the dark while I nursed Noel and sang Amy songs. I wanted to keep her calm, but I didn't want to just abandon her to bed since we usually dance with her a little before putting her down. Amy went down well, and Noel and I enjoyed our time together.

Matt came home for a few minutes (after an appointment at our neighbor's house that had taken him away from bishopric meeting) and ate a candlelight dinner with me. (It felt too fancy to eat just normally.) Off he went back to the church afterwards, and Noel was still being a calm sweet baby. She just hung out with me while I cleaned up dinner and did a load of dishes.

I then got her bath done and got her to sleep, folded some clothes, and lied in bed finishing Fablehaven 4. It was great and intense. What a pleasant way to end a WONDERFUL day!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I love those days when everything seems be aligning just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I commented to Bont later that evening... She does a very good job in my calling. I run off to the church all the time leaving her at home with all the work, and she's always supportive of me going. There's no question that my calling is also hers. Thanks hon. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice of you Matt. I'm glad you do so well in your calling and that it brings you joy and that other people's lives are blessed because of your service.

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]