Thursday, June 17

Amy's New Friend

I received a call tonight for a survey. I'm usually pretty happy to do surveys if I have the time when they call. I think it's about the best non-solicited-solicitor-type call you can get. And so I took the survey. The lady giving it was really quite nice too.

I had just gotten Amy in her jammies when I received the call, so I think Amy was delighted for a bit more of a delay in her bed time routine. As I was wrapping up the call, Amy started speaking a million miles a minute saying "Daddy daddy daddy I want I want daddy I want to talk on the phone talk phone Daddy don't"... or some such like that. I couldn't really tell because I think it took her about .02 seconds to say that much or more! So I told the lady on the phone that my daughter was begging to talk to her and would she mind taking a minute. She said that would be fine, so I gave the phone to Amy.

Amy started off on a roll right away. "Hi! I'm wearing my pajamas! I have on two pan... two pants and a shirt! A gumball shirt and a gumball pants!" (she did in fact have on two pairs of pajama pants, the outer of them having a gumball design, and a matching gumball top) Then she saw her new bike horn, "and I have a horn!" - HONK went the horn. I could mostly overhear the lady saying simple things like "oh great!" and "that's nice" - she was being very sweet. Then Amy started saying "Mommy, mommy, and... (I forget what)". That's when it clicked - Bonnie wasn't home so she thought I'd been talking to Bonnie that whole time. No wonder she wanted to talk on the phone! I told her it wasn't Mommy and to say "What's your name?" She did and the lady (who I'll now refer to by name) said "Sarah. What's your name?"
"Amy."
"Amy, that's a pretty name."
Me: "Amy - say Thank you!" - but she didn't get it out before Sarah continued.
"Are you getting ready for bed?"
"Yes."
There was a little more conversation that I'm really wishing I could still remember...
Amy: "Ok bye!"
"Bye"
"Ok, Love you bye!"
"Bye"

At which point I took the phone and thanked her. Sarah wished me a good night and we hung up.
So, so funny! What a cute girl Amy is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]