Friday, February 11

A Little "Help"

My old ward's book club (that I am still a part of) is reading The Help this month. I am just curious if anyone happens to own a copy that lives close by and would be willing to lend it to me. I have it on hold from the library on CD, but I don't think I will get it on time. I could buy it, but I resist buying books for the most part unless I really love it or I want it for a long period of time, for reference or something. I don't really reread, and I would so much rather save money and space in my house for other things unless it's a book I really want. (Please don't feel bad at my saying that if you've given me a book for a present before. Those have been appreciated. I like to own some books, and many I have been given have been nice ones to own.) Another option would be to go to book club without reading the book. I HATE that option if it's a book I'd like to read. I am very anti-spoiler. Sometimes this struggle has led me to a drastic option - skip book club. Don't like that one. This time, it's not possible. Book club is at my house. So I know this is a popular book right now, and I was just curious if anyone has it and would be fine with loaning it. Let me know. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. bont- i am currently reading and loving this book, and am almost finished (about 50 pages left). i have it on loan from the provo library and it's not due back until the 24th. if you think you could read it that quickly and get it back to me, and if you think you can be good and not lose it so i get fined, i'd be willing to let you borrow it. sorry, lots of caveats. :) let me know if you want it, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Susan has it. You should give her a call if you stil need a copy.

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]