Sunday, November 20

Eliza's Crib

I ordered Eliza a crib finally. It came this week. With Amy and Noel's help, I put it together Friday. Then Saturday bought her a new mattress. She spent most of the night last night either in our bed or in her bassinet as she still nurses whenever she wants in the night. But those few hours when all kids were in their beds sleeping, and those beds were not in our room - that seemed pretty nice.

We have been a little slower to move Eliza out for a few reasons -
She's a good sleeper. It really hasn't felt that much of a burden to have her in our room.

She doesn't often cry. I have been concerned that if we move her out of our room I won't hear her at all. She grunts in the night to wake me up to nurse her. The solution - the monitor.

We didn't own a second crib. Noel spent many months as a baby sleeping in the pac n play. This time around, I just wanted a crib. But we didn't get around to/ didn't want to have to pay for it yet knowing it would be a big - on our scale - expense when it came.

We haven't known where to put her. We have 3 bedrooms on the main floor in our house. Ours, Amy's, and Noel's. I have debated like crazy which 2 kids to put together. There are pros and cons with every combination. Finally, it seemed like the least bad idea to put Eliza and Noel together. Noel's pretty excited about that, and Amy's a little jealous I think. They both LOVE Eliza's crib - probably because of novelty.

We'll see how it goes. But I think it will help us feel like we have a little more privacy to not have a little one sleeping in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]