Friday, September 28

Bucket List checkoff

When I was little, I would fly once each month to my Dad's in California for a weekend. This process through the years saw me driving past the Point of the Mountain perhaps more often than would be typical, and I saw lots of people through the years on hang gliders and parachutes. I dreamed of how cool it would be to fly. What kid doesn't?! Shoot, what adult doesn't? (Okay, so there's a few adults out there who have grown up. My sympathies to you.) ;-)

Now that I work in Riverton, I've seen them morning and evening many, many, oh so many times. And at least as many times as I've seen them, I've wanted to be there.

For my Christmas/Birthday/Father's day present, Bonnie purchased for me a voucher to do a tandem paragliding flight! WAHOO!!!!! I've wanted to do this for SO long!


 Getting set up

 Taking off (the second time). The first time there was a little knot on the corner, so we flew down to the bottom and drove back up to try again.

 It was really quite awesome!




Now, with this last video, there's something not quite right about it. It's pretty subtle, so you might not catch it. And no, it's not what Bonnie thinks it is when she's commenting in the video. :)

This one is by far my favorite recording of my flight! :) I just think it's fun and funny!

Thank you honey! This was such a blast! You totally rock!

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Happy birthday/Christmas/father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I LOVE paragliding! (I will say that sky diving is way more fun, in my opinion anyway...maybe you should try that next year :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! I have always wanted to do that too.

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]