Carlos Aragon was a youth in our ward. He had long curly hair down to his shoulders that perhaps only the Marines could make him cut. He was very quiet, very kind, and seemed to have a lot of inner strength. Shortly after graduating from Mountain View High School he joined the marines. I learned last night that he was just killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan. Local news stations have some write-ups about Carlos: Salt Lake Tribune, KSL and Deseret News. It's hard to believe it's real. Our hearts and prayers go out for his parents Brad and Rosa.
I may post updates to this post as I learn them.
Deseret News has added more to their article since I posted. If funeral arrangements are known and if the funeral is open to all, I will post the details here when I learn them.
Latest update, the Washington Post just did an article on Carlos as well.
Oh, dear. I'm sorry to hear that. How are Rosa and Brad doing?
ReplyDeleteI frankly don't know. I understand they went out to Delaware where his body was brought back to. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for them.
ReplyDeleteWow, how tragic. I got a text from Melissa the other night at 11:30pm telling me to wear black for Carlos Aragon. I couldn't place the name and just dismissed it. Now reading your post I'm putting the pieces together. I used to visit teach Rosa and got to know Carlos a tiny bit. He seemed to have a lot of potential. What sad news.
ReplyDeleteAre Rosa and Brad still in the ward? I thought they were planning on moving...
ReplyDeleteYes, they moved to Lehi about... a year and a half ago perhaps?
ReplyDelete