Monday, March 22

Talking Moods and Sunshine

I love the sunshine. It helps me feel very happy and de-stressed. Which is good. We went outside to play a few times today, and I spent some time out there with some kids I was babysitting so that they wouldn't wake up my sleeping children (a criminal offense on days like today). Don't worry - we stayed right outside our door, and I poked my head in often to see if my children were awake. Anyway, I have loved being out in the sun lately.

I've told lots of people, but Amy has "talking moods" and "no talking moods." At least once a day she gets in a no talking mood. They can last pretty long. She recently has realized that sometimes she wants to say something bad enough but not give up her no talking mood. She compromises with whispering moods. We try to run with it and just talk to her about her moods and cheer her on when she wants to talk again.

The hard part is when she is in a no-talking-only-whining mood.

Today I would estimate that she was only in a talking mood for a third of the time she was awake. The no talking moods ranged from sweet and entertaining herself to full on inconsolable screaming. And most places in between. At one point I told her that she couldn't have the candy she was "asking" for (without talking) until she was in a talking mood. Who has to bribe their 2-year-old to talk? Me. I almost cried with joy when she decided to talk again because of the frustrations of today.

But normally it's not like that. We often get by just fine when she's not talking because she still wants to communicate. I ask a lot of questions. She points and nods and shakes her head a lot.

Anyway. Thought I'd share.

And the list of things I want to blog about is growing. Maybe I'll get to it. Not tomorrow. We'll be too busy doing something blog worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]