I was getting the girls ready for bed, and Noel just couldn't wait for me to get her taken care of. (Matt wasn't home yet, and I was taking care of Amy at the time.) She just fell asleep herself. Poor girl was so tired today.
For the last week and a little the girls have had what I assumed were colds. Then Noel woke up wheezy yesterday. I took her to the doctor who said she had bronch-something or other (not bronchitis, but something like it). And RSV. Or one disease turned into the other. I don't know. I didn't really get it. I was mostly interested in how to help her (nothing really to do except keep her well fed, rested and as comfortable as possible) and how long she'd be contagious (let's just say, a while still.) She really hasn't been acting cranky, just lathargic and a little pitiful. Even when here eyes were open today they looked so tired. I felt so bad for her. I kept my schedule pretty clear and my expectations low today so I could hold her a lot. That's what she wanted most. After I took this picture she woke up for a while and finally was acting normal. I think the tylenol I gave her helped. She finally ate her fill (nice for me after a day of grazing leaving me rather uncomfortable.) And she played and smiled and laughed. It was good to have our baby back for a few minutes. It's sad to see a baby feel sick.
It's in Ames.
ReplyDelete