Monday, February 6

Babysitting Opportunity

To the local stay-at-home moms who read my blog. (Franky, I think that's the majority of you.) My visiting teacher asked yesterday if I knew anyone who babysits for pay. She visits someone else who is in need of someone one day a week to watch her daughter (right around 1 year old I would estimate.) I know lots of you have done things like this before. (And I know a few of you who are probably not in need of anything extra right now. Nancy comes to mind. :) But if any of you are interested let me know.

While we are on the topic, Matt and I are almost always open to babysitting swapping. We started a swap last year and then fizzled. (Sorry, Heather, my bad. Having my parents live with us for four months greatly decreased the need for other babysitters.)

I have heard of or been a part of swaps, exchange co-op kinds of things and groups who take turns watching lots of kids one week so a few other weeks they get to go out while someone else watches all the kids. We'd be interested/ open to any of these. We try to go on dates often, but often finding a babysitter is the biggest deterrent to going.

I know many of you have family around who babysit for you and may not need this. I have a wonderful aunt in Orem and a sister in South Jordan who both help, but I can't ask them all the time. And we're not always in Salt Lake. I'm all about people doing this kind of thing ONLY if it would be beneficial to all involved. Let me know what you may be interested in! And please know I am happy to babysit when I can whether it's a swap set up or just an occasional thing for whatever reason. (But don't try calling me. My phone has been lost forever, and it's rather tempting to continue not having a phone. I like it a lot. If you really need to get ahold of me email or call Matt's phone.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for volunteering my phone hon. :-P (I don't mind at all and she knows it.) That said, you probably shouldn't try to email my phone. Try emailing Bont, or calling my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bont, josh and i would totally be into doing swapping or watching all the kids one week and having a night off the other weeks or one of those kind of arrangements if you are getting one started or have other interested commenters. :)

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]