Wednesday, January 9

Highlights of December 2007 - Part 3

Ward Christmas program - I worked a lot last month on putting together the Sacrament program for the Sunday before Christmas. I just was called as the ward music chair towards the end of November, so I had a short time to do it. People in my ward were so helpful and willing to participate. I think it turned out great because of the wonderful people who were participating. Nancy gave a great analysis of it on her blog. The post is called "Christmas Adam." There are still a lot of things to do in the calling before I'm really in the routine of it (some new callings, etc.) But it's a lot less stress now that the Christmas program is done. I am just grateful for how much the Lord blessed me and helped me with putting it together. We sang "Praise to the Man" as the closing hymn in honor of Joseph's Smith's birthday. When I sang "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven" I started bawling because I was so touched at how true that was in this experience for me. I gave a little time and effort and thought and prayer, and the Lord blessed me and the other members of the ward by pouring out his Spirit in great abundance on our Christmas program. I felt like the whole day lent itself to worship, and I am grateful.

Here are a few random moments at home that were very enjoyable. Amy had a lot to say that day but reserved most of it for off camera.

Sunday the 23rd we went up to my mom's house to hang out with my sister, Laurel's family. They came into town on the 18th. I played with them during the week, soon after they came, but this was the first time Matt got to see them on their trip. It was very fun to be with them and for Amy to meet some cousins she had never met. Her cousins liked her very much. Tyler, Malia, and Aly all told me that they thought Amy was cute. Lillianne probably would have said so too, but that's a little sophisticated for her. (She's 14 months old.) That Sunday night was really fun playing with the fam. Aly (4-years-old) wanted to sing a song in Spanish, so she made one up called "Hola bi-ti-bi-ti I love my mother." It was great. I tried to catch it on video and got it a little. She wanted everyone to sing with her, but we obviously didn't know the words. She got mad that we were all laughing and that we weren't singing it right. Very cute.






No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]