Thanksgiving was wonderful! Wednesday Matt got sent home from work early - just what we were hoping. When he got home, Ryan (my brother) and Melissa (his girlfriend) were at our house watching Amy while I was visiting teaching. So Matt brought them over to Cernys' (my cousins) to begin playing. When I saw they weren't home, I headed to Cernys' too. Little did I know, Matt and Amy had just dropped them off and then returned home. I decided to stay at Cernys' anyway. They stayed home quite a while, and I have to admit I appreciated being able to play/ rest without worrying about Amy. We played a lot that day, then Ryan and Melissa slept over - with Ryan in Amy's room.
Thursday the boys were anxious to play outside so we got up and got ready earlier than I would have liked - we left our house at 9:30. It was a holiday! It still took quite a while to round up enough people for the annual ultimate frisbee/ football playing. In the meantime, Matt and I went to walmart while Amy played at Cernys'. So fun to go to the store just us. That is rare.
Everyone had a good time playing from what I heard. James even scored a touchdown so they say. James is 3. In the meantime, those of us not playing outside were playing inside. That's what we do on holidays. And we continued to do that all day. My aunt Anne had rigged up a concoction with couches and chairs to block the toddlers in and let them play. It was awesome. The stairs at their house are scary so we were always on our gaurd to not let any babies get to them. It was fun for a while, but imagine Amy's delight when she got out and showed Finn how to as well. She was not content to play in there anymore.
Dinner was delicious. Lots of the women worked so hard on it. And Matt helped get everything set up. John is amazing at clean up. So it wasn't just the women. Andy (my brother) had convinced everyone to make up an Armstrong/ Cerny trivia game. We all wrote questions down and read them during dinner. We were all laughing pretty hard. It was great!
After dinner - clean up and more games. The kids were adorable. They dressed up and sang some songs. They were pilgrims, indians, and turkeys.
As usual we kept playing quite late (by my pregnancy, have a kid standards.) We put Amy to bed in a pack n play so that Matt and I could just play. Unfortunately, everyone was starting to get tired and either loopy or grumpy. So it wasn't the best part of the day. But all in all, it was a wonderful day.
Friday Matt and I had a wonderful day trying to get things done. We enjoyed spending the whole day together. This was especially nice because I have been SO grumpy lately. Not constantly, but way more often then usual. I take little things harder than I usually would and get annoyed with people really fast. Some days, I am just depressed. This is not normal, and I honestly completely blame pregnancy hormones. I often do not do well with pressure these days. I'm not taking about major life stresses. I don't really have many of those - my life is pretty calm. I'm talking make dinner or a couple of phone calls pressure. I can't have an extensive to-do list or I'll meltdown. It's a little rediculous. But that's what I'm fighting these days. I'm hoping all these tired/ sick/ emotional symptoms will start to die down now that I'm almost 14 weeks. I love second trimester! I think I have had more energy - I made it great through the busy weekend. And I haven't been as sick the last few days. (Although I did throw up last week for my first time in either pregnancy.) So I think things are looking up.
Anyway, Saturday morning Matt played football with the ward elders. We had a little practice run-through for our Fifth-Sunday presentation which we took a part in yesterday. It was a good thing we did the run through Saturday to make sure technology worked. Then we took one hour to speed clean the house - we had both already done a lot of the cleaning, but I wanted it finished for Sunday. Then off to my parents'.
I had decided that I hadn't gotten enough playing for the week yet so we went to play some more. That was fun. My dad even took time to play with us some more.
That night we went to a mission companion's (of mine) wedding reception. I have to admit, it was disappointing to be there. It was loud (they had a band) and crazy. And not a great environment. I didn't even get a chance to say hello to the bride. I hope she knows we made it as we left a gift and that she knows I love her.
Sunday was crazy!!! Matt left at 6:30 for meetings, same as usual, and I got up right after he left. I had so much to do. I put dinner in the crock pot before church and got everything ready for nursery singing time and last minute work for the presentation. Plus getting Amy and me ready for church and cleaning up the clutter from the night before/ that morning. Even with 2 1/2 hours to get ready, we still barely made it on time for church.
Church was great! We had a musical testimony meeting for Sacrament Meeting. Anyone who wanted came up and bore their testimony about a hymn and had the congregation sing a couple verses of it. It was refreshing and enjoyable to feel like I was fully participating in Sacrament Meeting even with Amy trying to escape.
Our presentation went well. It was about budgeting and food storage. We talked about what we are doing in our family to build up our 3 month supply of food.
After church was choir practice which also went quite well. I'm excited for our Christmas program in two weeks - and excited for when it is done. It is a lot of work for me because I am in charge of it. I think it will go well though. That evening (after a nice nap for me) we hosted dinner group at our house with some ward members. It was fun to have them over, but by the end of the night I was sure exhausted. What a day and what a weekend!
(Sorry if you were bored reading this. I probably gave way more details then you wanted.)
Hate to burst your bubble, but 2nd pregnancy 2nd trimesters are no where near as awesome as first pregnancy. Then again, you could be different. I've been waiting for my feel great, lots of energy 2nd trimester awesomeness to kick in for a good 10 weeks now and I think I should give up. I'm exhausted and grumpy (and I also hate crowds and pressure... we must be having twins) and achey and most of the time I really don't want to eat still (well, at least nothing I should eat... chocolate and ice cream always sound good to me). Good luck... I'm wishing you a better 2nd timester that I'm having.
ReplyDeleteWow! Way to make me miss Stonewood!
ReplyDeleteI think your grumpy is probably a lot less than my grumpy. I'm afraid to get pregnant again because I'm still so tired just from Rachel. For some reason I thought that I would get untired...but that hasn't happened. I don't think it's going to. :)
No such thing as too much info!! Glad you guys had fun. The musical Testimony meeting sounds so cool!
ReplyDeleteI hope you start feeling better soon.
Love you tons!!
Bont,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update!! Now I know everything that I missed :(. Mike's family doesn't play as many games, sad... Of course James scored a touchdown, I believe it! Hope you feel better soon. Maybe we can see you at Christmas time.
Love ya,
Kara