Many of you like to post after Conference about what you did for the weekend/ how you enjoyed the talks, etc. I haven't seen those posts today, but I want to write one. As usual, I loved General Conference.
I was planning on spending Saturday at my parents' house because Matt had to work Saturday. He realized he didn't have to put in too much time and would just go work in between Conference sessions. So Amy and I stayed to be with him. So instead I spent the morning cleaning to make the house pleasant to watch Conference in. In between sessions, Amy and I ran a few errands. During the second session Amy slept the whole time. That was especially nice because Matt and I just got to watch Conference together, undistracted. We enjoyed very much just being together getting to watch. The morning session really wasn't bad though. Amy ate for a lot of it and watched with us. When she got out of her chair, she played pretty well. Of course, we didn't catch everything that was said because she was playing and requiring some attention, but she really did behave very well.
After that session, we cleaned up the house from the messes we had made eating and playing during the day and packed up our stuff to go to my parents' house. Amy woke up just in time for us to leave. So Matt went off to Priesthood session with my dad and my two brothers, and I got to stay at my mom's with her and my brother's fiance as well as the 3 kids - Amy and my two nephews, James and Finn. The kids let us get away with playing dominoes. It was very fun.
When the men got home, we played more games. We always play games. I love it. Eventually we wall went to bed.
Sunday morning Amy woke me up at 6:30. I didn't really care as I was kind of sick of trying to sleep anyway. I really slept fine most of the night, but it was one of those nights where each time you turn over and kind of wake up, you wonder if it's time to get up because that sounds more comfortable than lying there does anyway. I had left my special pillow at home and was missing it very much. My mom tried to accommodate me which was very sweet. Still I wasn't that comfortable. So when Amy woke up I got up with her. She was all wet from peeing through her diaper and was cold. She doesn't keep blankets on her while she sleeps, and my parents keep their house cold. I felt so bad for her. So I changed her diaper and put her in warm clothes. I tried to get her to snuggle with Matt and me under the covers to warm her up, but she was too restless. So we just went upstairs to hang out and eat breakfast.
Slowly everyone woke up, and we watched Conference all together with games in between. Andy and his boys left for home right before the second session, and Amy went down for a nap about that same time. So we were thinking we'd get another kid-free session. That is until Amy started crying halfway through. Matt went and got her, and she snuggled him and then me. I got comfortable (which she didn't like, but I couldn't hold her sitting up forever - I'm too pregnant) lying down beside her and snuggling her. Before long, she was asleep again.
Sunday afternoon - after Conference - we had our traditional Conference trivia game. My brother, Ryan, and his fiance, Melissa were still over - we drove them home to Provo that night - and participated. We asked questions about the last Conference - we're all supposed to study in between Conferences - and discussed what we enjoyed from this Conference. We also reviewed goals we had made at a special Conference FHE a year ago about studying Conference talks. We recommited and set new goals to study this Conference for the next 6 months. It was a wonderful and motivating discussion. I love to study the Conference talks and find doing so very meaningful.
Finally we headed home about 8:00 last night. It had been a wonderful weekend. I felt close to my family and happy to be with them - especially Matt and Amy. Amy was so well behaved and was delighting all of us with her tricks and charm. She even stayed awake the whole way home talking to us and singing her songs. I was sad to drop her and Matt off at our house to take Ryan and Melissa home because I just couldn't get enough of her. It's fun when I feel that way. She ended up going to bed around 10:00 - 2 hours late - and really never even got fussy. She was plenty tired by then, but she didn't fuss. What an amazing girl! I love her so much! (As a result, we were both kind of tired and slow moving today. Amy went to bed at 6:45 tonight which is way earlier than usual.) What a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]