Ok, so this may not sound like much to you, but it's helping my outlook a lot.
Today I went to the doctor. He told me that with second pregnancies, he's fine with inducing a week early. Just like that. Not for any particular reason that he mentioned. Just because women might not want to be pregnant anymore. (My words, not his. But really, he gave no indication that I would need to be induced, just that he was willing.)
I was thrilled. Granted, it's bad timing for me to be induced a week early because I'm supposed to be leading the choir in stake conference that weekend (at 39 weeks 2 days.) So we'll probably do it early the next week. We're still trying to decide timing. The next Tuesday (June 2nd) is my mom's birthday, and she would LOVE to have her granddaughter share her birthday. I think that would be cool and fun too. But my mom works, and it's harder for her to get off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays than Thursdays. And we'd really like her there to meet her granddaughter and to take care of Amy while I'm in labor.
So we're still trying decide when I should be induced. But it's great to know that I can set my own deadline, and it's not some arbitrary time like 2 weeks after I'm due. So it looks like at most I will be pregnant for 35 more days! (That's sounding shorter than saying a little over a month. I'm going with the way that sounds shortest.) Yay!
Again, I realize if the baby is induced June 2nd, that's only 2 days before my due date anyway. Doesn't sound like that much. But it's the deadline, the LATEST she could be born. No going over for me! Yippee! You moms out there know what I'm talking about!
Hooray!! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteYay for picking out a due date...however you know just because this is a possibility your little one will end up deciding to come at a time that is COMPLETELY unplanned!!! You know, in the middle of grocery shopping, at a time that Matt is in the most important meeting of his career and his phone is turned off...when you are in the car enroute...
ReplyDeleteHopefully not, but it seems like life turns out that way sometimes doesn't it!
Best of luck! I can't believe you only have a month left! (I am so jealous, I still have oh, close to 7!!!)
Ahh, modern medicine.
ReplyDeleteWhat must all those pioneer women who gave birth on the open plains be thinking of us? (I'll tell you what they're thinking..."why the crap couldn't we have been mothers 150 years later?!")
My friend was planning on being induced. Her baby came the day she was planning on being induced--but on her own call. Labor started at home and by the time they got to the hospital she was almost there. No epidural. One push.
ReplyDeleteOne push!?
Please let that be me! Or you!
One push sounds like an awesome deal!
That's awesome. My doctor said that inducing on the first (which is my case) is frowned upon unless it is needed. So it looks like I am going to have to do some jumping jacks and other things to try and get my baby to come out. I have eight weeks left and I am so excited. That sounds fast and slow to me at the same time, you know? Anyway, yeah for you!
ReplyDelete