Sunday, March 27

Work, truck, and funny family

  I decided to go to work early on Tuesday morning because I had an appointment at 5pm I needed to be back home for. As I exited the Northbound freeway onto Westbound Bangeter Highway, I stopped as the first car at the light on the bridge... and my truck died and wouldn't start. It was out cold. I turned my blinkers on, tried to call Bont (she was still asleep), and ended up calling 911. A guy behind me pushed my car off to the left side of the bridge where I sat about 15 minutes waiting for a Highway Patrol officer to come help me. He arrived and I explained the situation. We waited for the next light cycle and then he pushed me with his bumper off the bridge and down to the nearby gas station. I called a tow truck and got it over to a repair shop nearby. It turns out my alternator was shot. I had just had the battery replaced about a week earlier. Well, between changing the alternator and replacing a few worn belts, we got it taken care of. I got a hold of a co worker who came and got me from the repair shop, arriving at work around 10:15am. So much for the early! But so it goes. I'm working on making up the time and life goes on. :)

  On Friday evening we enjoyed a night out with my rents and siblings (and we brought Amy and Noel too) for an evening of dinner and games. It was good fun. We spent the night in Farmington and had a marvelously relaxing Saturday. No appointments, no rush, just... enjoyment. How pleasant!

  Noel is a bit sick today so Bonnie stayed home with her and is now at church in a different ward. (She mostly has a runny nose and phlegmmy sounding cough which hopefully it won't last long.) I'm in the office now while Amy and Noel are in the play room having a grand old time. A few minutes ago, Amy told Noel:

  "We believe in God," [pause for Noel to repeat, which she didn't do] "the Eternal Father. And Noah was a baaaaad, baaaaad mad! That's why he's in this picture. We don't have this picture. Sister Craig has this picture."

  Sister Craig is Amy's Sunbeams teacher and their lesson today was about Noah and the ark, and yes, she said "mad", not "man" -- that's not a typo there. That's quite an amusing take-away Amy; I think you may have gotten something a little mixed up there honey!

  Another amusing Amy moment was last night when we were having Family Scripture Study. Shortly before we began, Amy and Noel got in to everyone needing to wear hats. Bont, Noel and I ended up with Bini's on while Amy had a nice yellow summery hat (the same one from those family pics this last summer). Well, I was trying to get them to all take off their hats for Family Prayer and for her opposing argument, Amy said: "No! We all have to wear hats because it's Christmas!" Well Amy, you got me there.

So, we're doing well, having fun, and enjoying the family life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]