Grandma & Grandpa decided to take Amy out for her Cotcha date today. (And I think she's less than 15 cotcha's away from another one! We may need to up it to 100 cotchas per date for the sake of our finances! Yikes!) They went up to "Peter and the Wolf" at Abravanel Hall. See here for pics and such. Amy had a grand time! In the meantime, Bonnie went to a parenting class being given by Sister Sorensen in our previous ward. I'd go into it a little, but I dare not; it's one of those where saying just a little bit wouldn't do it justice, and all of it would keep me writing all night! I took Welly to Burlington Coat Factory to do some clothes shopping. The dress code at the ROB (Riverton Office Building) is Business Casual. I mostly have khaki's and polo shirts, which don't quite meet the "Business Casual" level, so it was time for me to add to my wardrobe. I bought three new button up shirts and two pairs of slacks for starters.
And for those who like logic problems:
1) Each shirt I bought was a different color: Red, Blue, and Gray-Blue.
2) The price of the most expensive shirt, which came with cufflinks, was $24.99
3) One of the shirts that came with a tie also came with matching-colored cuff-links.
4) Of the two new ties, the one that matches the blue shirt is my favorite.
5) The price of the non-french cuff shirt was the same as another shirt which did not come with a tie.
6) Two of the shirts have french cuffs and two of the shirts came with matching ties.
7) The shirt that came with a tie and cuff links was five dollars more than the gray-blue shirt.
Color Shirt | French Cuffs? | Price? | Came with matching tie?
Red
Blue
Gray-Blue
I think those clues are sufficient - I only hope I didn't make it too easy. :)
Over the rest of the day I mostly focused on getting things done from my lists, and it was great! I think my favorite thing about this system is that I'm now not worried about if I'm doing "the best possible thing at this very moment." I've flushed all my ideas of everything I ever want to do -- immediate term, short term, medium term, third term (oh - no, that's Bonnie), long term, everything -- out my brain and onto record. I have "next action" items on the things I've decided to take on and am okay with the things I have decided not to take on right now, but hope to some day. All my "next actions" are organized by context (if I'm at a computer, or a phone, or running errands, etc.) and I can then prioritize each contextual list... or just choose what I feel like doing off of it. If I choose to do nothing, I'm okay with that because I know what I'm choosing to not do. I'm not worried that maybe there's something urgent that I should/would/could be doing and will mess up because I simply am not thinking about it right this moment. My mind is at peace. Wow! What a wonderful thing to be able to say! I LOVE IT! Okay, so that's a day and a half in. Again, I'll report back after a couple of months, but I'm sure feeling happy about it for now!
(Oh, and for those who like to check things off lists -- you know, if you're the type who will write something you just did down on a list for the mere pleasure of checking it off -- oh yeah, this system rocks for that! I've checked *tons* of things off my lists in a short 1.5 days. Lovin' it!)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHere's what we think. (We had to take some liberties because it wasn't clear.) The red shirt was 24.99 and came with both tie and cuff-links, the blue shirt was 19.99 and only had a matching tie. The gray-blue shirt was 19.99 and had matching cuff-links. (We think you are deficient probably one clue.)
ReplyDelete