Well, first week at my new job has been pretty positive. I put linux on my new work laptop (which I prefer far and above over Windows). My co-workers seem great and we have a lot of work to do. The worst part is, as I expected, the commute. I like that it makes me get up early... now if only I would fall asleep early. Sometimes it's that I don't go to bed in time, but a few times I was laying in bed awake. Frustrating! But hopefully that will resolve itself soon. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my position at the Church is not "Software Engineer" but "Sr. Software Engineer"! I'm pretty happy about that one.
On a different note, Bonnie and I went out to Hale Center theater today to see Hairspray (I got her season tickets for her Christmas present). The overall story line was cute and there was some stellar singing, though I wasn't much of a fan of the incessant flow of innuendos and, well, more-blunt-than-innuendos. Overall, I don't have any desire to see that one again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either. At any rate, don't take teens. They just don't need it.
I also watched my first BYU Basketball game of the season today. Yeah, yeah, so it's already the second round of the NCAA tourney, but what a great game to pick for watching! BYU pounded Gonzaga and, as the saying goes, they got "Jimmered". Go Cougs!
Well, that's all I really have for this week. Not much to it really. Looking forward to a good nights rest and a pleasant Sabbath tomorrow.
Ryan and I watched the game too. (Also my first, but Ryan watched one other.) And cool that you are senior software engineer.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Not a fan of Hairspray, for the same reasons.
Sorry to leave in such a rush. I had forgotten that I had to babysit for my neighbor that night. Christian has been acting a little sick so I really hope that he didn't pass anything on to Amy or Noelle!!! :(
ReplyDeleteHey, Senior! I am so glad to hear you like the new job.
ReplyDeletewe watched it on dvd once and didn't care for it much either. I don't even know if we watched it all the way through. We do like high school musical though, just the first one.
ReplyDelete