Monday, September 22

Quirk Tag

Quirks:

stepping over cracks
fear of heights
hula war
wasting food
having books everywhere

My friend BriAnne tagged me with this quirk tag. So here are 6 quirks about me (with input from Matt.)

Quirk #1: Matt. He told me to count him as a quirk. I am thrilled to be married to this very goofy quirky guy. He's so much fun! Along those lines, Matt and I have a quirk in common. We're are math nerds. I'd even go so far as to use Nancy's word and say we are math nerdy-nerds. We sometimes talk in math language to explain unmathrelated things. I love arithmetic. When I was a kid, I used to finish my homework and then make up more math problems to do. I love logic and math puzzles and games that involve numbers. And I LOVE keeping score in games.

Quirk #2: Whenever I almost trip on something, I lick my front top right tooth to make sure it is still there. I have broken that tooth 5 times and am subconsciously paranoid that I will break it again. But it's not just when I fall or bump the tooth - I lick it when I almost fall.

Quirk #3: When I was a kid, I was really brave and adventurous. Now I'm a woos. (Matt used the word weanie today, but I don't want to go that far in describing myself.) When we went to Lagoon this summer I had a great time going on Wicked (you go upside down and practically freefall and go really high, etc.) But I would not go on the ferris wheel, and I was terrified to ride the sky coaster - ski lift thing that takes you across the park. I'm never going on that again. I'm afraid of heights when I am going slow enough to think about how high I am. And when I don't feel very secure. I like being belted in securely. I know. Wierd.

Quirk #4: I have to bring a book EVERYWHERE I go. I got this from my mom, and my oldest sister has the same quirk. You never know when you are going to have a minute where you will want a book. The relatively few times I have been somewhere without a book and wanted it I've been miserable about having forgotten. I even worry about Matt getting bored and frequently ask him if I should pack him a book. I even brought the Ensign to church yesterday just in case I was stuck in the Mother's Lounge by myself (plus Amy) without any meeting to listen to. I also read during random other activities. Like folding laundry - sometimes. I used to fold napkins at the bed and breakfast I worked in and read books at the same time. I almost always have a book on CD to listen to in the car as well.

Quirk #5: I'm quite good at hula hooping/ hula warring. We do it fairly often in our family. We use to have hula wars every Friday in our elementary school. I wasn't one of the good ones there, but I found that there isn't so much tough competition in hula hooping among adults. So I can hold my own.

Quirk #6: I hate wasting food. I suppose I am not overly quirky about it, but it does bother me. As I am typing this I see Matt's cereal bowl with some soggy cereal and milk still in it, and I think it's gross.

I tag:
Heather Mason
Tamsin
Catherine Rowley
Launi
Emily Roundy
Stacy

because I think they will say funny things.

3 comments:

  1. I am with you in the height thing. I love roller coasters and will go on them but I will NOT get on a Ferris Wheel they scare me to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo, oo, me three! Love the coasters, but NO ferris wheels please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny tag! I like all your quirks Bont. Especially the book one. I feel exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]