Wednesday, September 3
To all more experienced parents
Now that Amy is 1, the time to get her a front facing car seat is coming closer. (We're not quite ready to be done with the carrier that we can just bring in the house without waking her up. I love that. But before long, it will be time to change.) So I was just curious if any of you parents have opinions of what you did/ didn't like in the car seats you've gotten. What kind of features should we look for? Do you have favorite brands or even specific car seats? We have been pleased with graco so far and would be happy to get another graco car seat. I plan to do some research/ price shopping before we get one, but I thought this would be a good way to start the process. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The best brand out there is Britax but they are just soooo expensive. According to the research I did the experts say that if you don't get a Britax the Evenflo Triumph is the second best car seat out there. That was the one we got for Ian and now Maggie uses it. We have no complaints about it, it's been great.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you still carry Amy around in the infant carrier. I hated carrying Maggie around in that one past the 6 month mark, it just got TOO heavy to be lugging around everywhere. Ours was little older, we got it when Ian was a baby and since then they have uped the length limit so the newer ones can hold the babies a little longer than the one I have. That was another reason why we switched Maggie over to the other car seat, she got to long to be in it!
Oh and Happy Birthday Amy!!! I can't believe she is 1 now!!
It hasn't been so bad. I normally just get her out and don't carry the carrier around unless she is asleep. It's been nice to not have to get a new one yet. But I know the time is quickly coming.
ReplyDeleteThe thing I like the best about Coops car seat is that where he actually sits it is white,(Te rest is Dark brown) so when it is hot that part does not get hot enough to burn him.
ReplyDeleteI also like that it converts to a booster seat so we never need to buy him another seat!!
I think it is an Evenflow Eddie Bauer Edition
Matt and Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteOne of the best things you can do when figuring out car seats is to RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Dave and I looked online for over a week. If amy is on the smaller side, a convertable car seat would probably work really well as they are designed for children from 5 pounds up to (for many of them) 40 pounds. We loved ours. (I believe it was an evenflo Triumph as well...I can't check because my sister-in-law is using it for her little one cause Naomi grew out if it!!) Also a very good resource is the Utah Highway Patrol. I believe you can look online but you can also call and they can tell you good brands, what is the right size recommended for your particular child dependant on her weight and height as well as help make sure it is put in your car correctly. Most police stations will also be willing to actually come look at your car seat and tell you if it is installed properly or if it is the right seat for your child.
By the way, she will still probably need a 5 point restraint harness still. Good luck and we love seeing your little family grow!
*Danessa