Monday, October 6

Things I Have Done

The idea is to highlight the things you have done out of the 200 items on the list. I challenge any one who wants to do this!! :)

(Heather, you and I have done - and not done - a lot of the same things.)

(Green is both Bonnie & I, Blue is just me, regular (bold) is just Bonnie)

1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby's diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain kinda - not just kinda
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said "I love you" and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - no, but I watched a fireworks show on the Mississippi River
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty - ran them in 3:27 as I recall
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath - shower, not bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar - I got hugged by one.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - too often. much too often!
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I was satisfied with the amount of money I had as a missionary; I didn't need much.
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing - only at an indoor place
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving - sure want to!
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving - Kinda. It was just a training kind of course, and I freaked out.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don't
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy - not bought but played with. I still have a stuffed bunny from when I was a kid. Amy plays with it. (Bonnie bought me a sit and spin! I love to still play on it!)
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover - working on it
86. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school - for me, every day I had to go was going back. It was horrible.
89. Changed your name ( my last name.. :)- yeah, me too. And I have had plenty of nicknames.
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad - I liked it.
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97.Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe.
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway play - not on Broadway per se. (Lion King, Les Mis, Phantom, and one other I don't remember)
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band - not a rock band, but plenty of concert and pep bands and a traveling-around-the-city-brass-band
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train - railroading merit badge baby!
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in a historic place - Nauvoo!
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one (mini golf hahaha - Me too!)
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Ran a marathon
136. Learned to surf - well, define "learned". I caught a wave... once.
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo - no specification as to where - the shower counts!
143. Gone spelunking - nothing fancy
144. Learned how to take a compliment
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away - don't remember if I did or not
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem - nothing good. Had to for English.
159. Carried your lunch in a lunch box
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks - not on a park bench, but in my Dad's back yard.
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous - my mission call
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a camp fire
189. Kept a blog - well, I guess Bonnie does mostly
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter

5 comments:

  1. I now know so much more about you!!
    This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait... is this saying that Matt, with a 1 year old, has never changed a diaper? Its in bold. How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He must have clicked the wrong color. (I don't know, I got too confused with all the reds looking so alike.) I assure you, Matt has changed PLENTY of diapers. I have heard of so many older men proudly proclaim that they never changed diapers, and I am always so grateful that Matt thinks those men are as rediculous as I think they are. He's a diaper pro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good... i was going to say that Matt didn't seem like THAT kind of guy... and I kept thinking that if he was "how on earth did bonnie get stuck with one of them?!?" Glad you're way more hands on than that, Matt. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just changed the highlighting color scheme - red was too close to regular bold, and I'll have no one thinking I don't change diapers! =)

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]