Monday, December 7

Crazy Super Fun Birthday Christmas Celebration Week Day 1

Today started the craziest (I expect) and most fun (I hope) and most sleep deprived (I fear) week of the year. I won't go into all the details now, but if I stay caught up you can read all about it at some point.

Today I turned 28. My birthday's tomorrow. It's interesting. I was born in Singapore so if you count years and when you turn the next age by the hour you were born, I technically turned 28 at 3:00 this afternoon. Because when I was born is was like 3 pm (ish) Dec 6 in Utah. But it was the early morning hours of Dec 7 where I was. So I extend my celebrating. Cause who doesn't want to extend their birthday celebration?

Anyway, today was the little party with my family that's right here. My brother THE and his wife Melissa came over to celebrate. We had a wonderful time.

Highlights: Dinner. Matt made it. All by himself. I'M SO PROUD OF HIM! And not just some dumb dinner, chicken enchiladas. He rocks. I coached but did not cook. And the best part was that he was still in a good mood when he was done. (Note: Matt is most often in a good mood, he's a happy kinda guy. But cooking isn't something he enjoys AT ALL, and it can make him grumpy.) AND, it was delicious.

Singing Christmas carols. That was fun.

Watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Well, we tried to anyway. Technical difficulties. So we decided we'd just try again later. So far, we've watched through President Uchtdorf's talk.

Opening presents. Matt got me a spice rack. Now before any of you think that's a lame present (like my sister did), it's what I've been requesting for my birthday for MONTHS because I always have to get down all our spices to see what we have. It annoys me. I'm so excited for a spice rack. (Sure never thought I'd say that.)

BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!!!! If you don't know how amazing that is, I'm sorry. Because it's wonderful. And the cute thing is that Matt had it shipped from Texas (not going to tell how expensive it was) for my surprise because you can't get it in Utah except vanilla at a few restaurants. I love this stuff and always have. (I grew up in Texas.) Matt's always wanted to try it. He loved it too. It was a wonderful surprise. Thanks, honey! I jumped up and down. Matt took video. I don't want him to post it, but I think he will.

Games. We always play games. It's fun. We played Encore with my sister, Burns playing with us over gmail chat. That was awesome. We love to get to play with her even though she's far away. The boys wasted us. 2 games of Bang (Outlaws won both times) and 1 of Rook (the Parks beat the Armstrongs). (Not many people will care what we played, but I bet my mom will be glad to know.)

Amy helped me open the present (and helped eat the ice cream) and was generally being cute and funny. We enjoyed her company. Noel woke up from a late nap and then stayed awake (and mostly happy) til 11:30. That's crazy. But we didn't really mind because we were playing anyway, and she's extremely cute. And funny.

So what I'm saying is, I had a wonderful little party, and I love my family and think they're all cute and great. And I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER!!!!!

Thanks, Matt. I love you.

Pictures/ Videos:



Blue Bell happy dance above. Blue Bell happy face below.

1 comment:

  1. It is always good to hear good things about those that you raise. Matt has always been a good boy and I am glad that he found a wonderful eternal compnaion in Bonnie!!
    Love, Mom
    Did you get your BD gift?

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]