Thursday, May 6

This Post is Going to be Entirely about the Potty - Just So You Know

It's Potty Week!!!!

We've been telling Amy for over a week that we were going to have potty week starting yesterday. I planned to not accomplish anything besides playing with my kids and working on potty stuff for these few days. That's gone pretty well. We are so impressed with Amy. Yesterday she went 4 times in her potty (and 3 times on the floor.) Today she's gone a couple times in her potty and once on the floor so far. (I'm sure you wanted to know.) She still gets diapers for naps and nighttime. A few times she has asked for a diaper, but she hasn't been too upset that I say no.

My potty training technique is mostly from my sister. Amy stays naked ALL DAY LONG. We set the timer for every 20 minutes for her to sit on the potty. Sometimes Amy stays on the potty for long periods of time just because she wants to. We watch potty movies and read potty books. We bought her "potty snacks" - all salty - on Monday and "potty drinks" so that she's thirsty and drinks a lot giving her more chances for success. It's pretty much all we talk about and do around here these days. Whenever Amy has success she gets a sticker. We are so happy with her and her progress. Yay Amy!!!

2 comments:

  1. bont---when i talked to you on saturday, you inspired me. so we're doing potty week this week too! isn't it funny how it totally takes over everything? i'm glad amy is doing well. alex is too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your potty week has gone well! We did straight to panties with Allison. It took us 3 tries before potty training stuck (I gave up with first time becuse I wasn't ready for that kind of effort, Allison develped a stomach bug that did a number on her intestonal function the second try), but once it stuck, she was done with diapers in just a few days. So, short story: hope its gong well!

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]