Thursday, March 27

Catch up

Today we finished a 2 1/2 week stint of house/babysitting. I actually called it substitute parenting. We watched 2 girls - 11 and 7. We drove them to lessons, helped them do homework and piano practicing, worked on Articles of Faith, did bedtime and getting up routines (pretty much pulling teeth). We even had time for some great activities. Chuck E. Cheese. Spiderwick. (I only saw the first half because the sudden loud noises scared Amy.) Swimming at the BYU pool. (Again, my participation was limited as swim diapers seem to be banned all over the place. Still I had a great time playing with Amy, watching Matt and the girls do tricks off the diving board, and reading a book (Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale - It's great.)) Wow. I just did parentheses inside of parentheses.

All in all it was a good experience, and we are happy to be back in our home. We learned a lot about child raising, and I learned a lot about my husband. Namely, he's my superhero. I have known men to be totally aloof around other people's kids. Not Matt. He considered taking care of the girls his responsibility as much as mine. Including doing all the work our second full day there because I was throwing up. I had no idea what an excellent choice I was making when I decided to marry him. Ok, now that you are all sick of me bragging about my husband.

St. Patrick's day was pretty uneventful - we all wore green. And it was the beginning of Spirit Week at the girls' school.

Easter weekend the girls' aunt came to town, and they hung out with her and their grandma. We went to our house Friday night and spent the weekend doing our own thing. Saturday we took a picnic to the park so Matt and Amy could play together. My mom watched Amy while we went to a movie. We played with my parents some that night.

Sunday Matt spoke in church (and did a great job), and we substituted in primary so we were plenty busy. Then it was back to substitute parenting. We played Monopolyand ate a frozen pizza for dinner. The most Eastery thing we did was the playgroup Easter egg hunt and the one Rozlyn (7) hosted for us. Maybe next year.

It's probably a good thing we finished taking care of the girls today since Amy has been so sad. She and I have snuggled a lot, and I'm glad I had the time to do so.

2 comments:

  1. BONNIE!!
    I am so freaking excited that i found your blog!!! How are you?? YOur little one is so cute!! Miss you a million gazillion!!
    I got this address from a link on my cousin Briannes blog!!! I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean "swim diapers are banned all over the place" or whatever you said??

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]