That's right. Last night we had our 4th false alarm. In order to qualify for a false alarm, I have to have regular contractions for at least 45 minutes to and hour and/ or think my water might have broken. When those things happen, I call my sister and brothers and parents, partly to keep them updated and partly to arrange Amy care. And to give them a head's up in case they need to be coming to Orem soon to meet a new baby.
We never necessarily thought I was in labor - until last night. I really wasn't positive, but we thought there was a chance that my water broke last night. So Ryan and Melissa came over to hang out with Amy, and Matt and I went to the hospital.
From everything I've read, it's normal towards the end of pregnancy for lovely things to happen that may or may not be water breaking, and it's quite common for women to not know if their water broke or not. I've been told that I should go to the hospital if I think it might have happened. So we did.
Well, I'm not posting about having a baby, am I? It wasn't my water breaking. I thought as soon as I found out I would be really disappointed if I wasn't in labor. And of course I would rather have been in labor, but I was blessed with peace and comfort about it. The disappointment didn't hit as strong as I thought. In fact, I feel comforted that the Lord is taking care of us, and I am starting to feel like being under 2 weeks to go is actually a short time. I'm grateful for that help.
The thing that is difficult today is doing any of my normal responisibilities - I've struggled with that a bit lately. Sometimes I feel depressed, sometimes lazy, sometimes terribly unmotivated (a variation of lazy) and sometimes too sick or sore or tired to do anything. Today I'm tired and a little discouraged. I had the house almost totally clean last night when we went to the hospital. It's still not bad, but I just wanted it to stay clean for a few days while we were away. Nope, it's messy now. It's really not bad, but I'm not feeling quite as motivated as I was yesterday to take care of it.
I'm also sometimes a little concerned that my family is going to very sick of all the false alarms. When I suggested that to Andy last night, he said they like knowing what's going on. I know my mom and Laurel feel that way too. So I guess I'll keep calling them at the slightest hint of labor. I just wonder how many false alarms there will be before this baby comes. It's hard not to get my hopes up when I'm having lots of contractions so I am looking forward to the real thing. But I can handle 13 more days.
Hope this wasn't whiny - I tend to be whiny these days. Just thought I'd update everyone else - after I found out that it was a false alarm. Thanks for all your support!
Hey I saw you at the rec center too. I was on the machines and I saw you walk in but you were on the phone so I decided to not shout your name. Then I saw you leave shortly after you came and now I am glad to know that it was just because you forgot your swim suit.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about all your false alarms. Hopefully she will come soon!!
Bonnie! You're making ME anxious! I thought that I was going in to labor so many times with Christian... She really is coming soon, whether or not you go into labor. We are going to Orem for Memorial Day and my mom's birthday, so maybe we can come see you at the hospital?
ReplyDeleteWell whenever she comes we'll order y'all a pizza.
Hey and don't worry about cleaning the house! Just get some rest! You know you won't be able to take naps when the baby comes. Take it easy!
We love you and can't wait to meet the little cutie!
Hey does Amy wear my headband I made her?
bont, i can't even imagine you being depressed, my ever-cheerful friend! but i also can't believe you'd lie, so i guess we'll have to go with unhappy. don't worry, dear, it will get better! that baby will be here before you know it. and think of all the fun false alarm stories you can tell this child when she's getting on your nerves. :) love you!
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking about you and praying for you. We love you so much. We hope that you make it through all the false alarms and the real alarm ok.
ReplyDelete