Last night when we were putting Amy to bed, Matt called on me for prayer. I decided on a whim to see if Amy wanted to try praying. Earlier in nursery, I asked the kids to say the words of a song after me. Only one kid who was there (Aubrey) talks well enough to do it. Well, Aubrey and I had fun with it. Anyway, I think that's what gave me the idea to have Amy say the prayer.
So the prayer was mostly just one of gratitude - thanking for the things that Amy really is thankful for such as:
family
friends
animals
binkie
bottle
nursery
And Amy did awesome!!!! She was totally into it. She's been saying Jesus and amen for a while now, so even closing the prayer was exciting for her. Matt told me later that he was having a hard time holding himself back from saying "Muy bien" after everything she said. We were both thrilled with her. We're going to have to see if she consistently likes to say prayers or if she won't be in the mood. And I'm wondering if she'll say them in nursery.
So she's adorable. And we're always so pleased with everything she learns.
Hey Bont are y'all going to James' Birthday party?
ReplyDeleteYeah
ReplyDelete