This morning I went to go get Amy from her bed. She had been calling out to us for a while, but I like to wait until 7 to get her if she tries to get up before that. I just think she can handle it waiting that long better than I can handle getting up at 6 or 6:30. So I went to get her... and she was standing there naked. That's the first time she'd done that. Her jammies were a little big on her and I think easy enough for her to take off. And I knew she could take off her diaper on her own. Still, it caught me a little off guard.
I also thought of yet another funny thing about Amy that I wanted to share. The other day we were getting a ride home from the mechanic's place while they kept our van. Amy and I sat in the back seat together. At one point, I blew on her forehead, just for fun. She responded with some lamaze breathing. Cracked me up. My contractions lately haven't been so bad and painful, but enough that it's a good time to practice breathing through them. Amy's picked up on it and will sometimes help me breathe through them. Plus I think she knows it makes us laugh.
Oh, and I'm still pregnant... in case you couldn't tell by the fact that I am posting on the blog but not about a new baby.
Last night Rachel was having a temper tantrum so we did some "bunny breaths" together (from yoga). She calmed right down. It was amazing!
ReplyDeleteMaybe Amy's just practicing for future frustrations! :)