Wahoo! We love anniversaries! Yesterday was really fun. We hung out with Ryan and Melissa (brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law) and my parents most of yesterday. We played games (til almost 3 am) and went to a playground at a camp where Ryan works. We were dropping him off at his cabin to start his work week today. Matt and I also went and walked around Temple Square (hoping to see lots of flowers but really seeing more construction than great landscaping. Oh well.) It was nice to enjoy the weather and just be together the two of us.
This morning we got up and came back to Provo to get Melissa to work on time. Matt surprised me last night with the news that he had taken the day off today. So we didn't have to rush him off to work as I had been planning. Yippee!! I was thrilled (and still am.) So far to celebrate we went straight to a mechanic after dropping Melissa off. It's the third time in about two weeks that Amy and I have hung out at this shop because our check engine light came on. Each time they would try something relatively simple (and cheap) and then ask if I just wanted to drive it around for a few days and see if the light came on. That was nice of them. Unfortunately, it always came back on. So the problem was bigger and more expensive than we would have hoped. We're looking at about $500. But what do you do? We'll manage.
So they are still fixing our van, and a nice man drove us home. But I promise the rest of the day will be more fun. I have an appointment at the OBGYN, and we're going out to dinner tonight. So we're enjoying ourselves.
oh, and I'm still pregnant. But right now we're glad. We don't really want to have a baby on our anniversary - and on a day when our van is getting fixed which means that we don't have a vehicle that we can tote Amy around in. So we want to wait at least a few more days now. (I know, not what I was saying last week.) It really would be fine if this baby waited the 1 remaining week until her scheduled induction. Yay 1 more week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]