Sunday, May 4

Amy's New Milestone and other ramblings

I decided that today at church Amy reached a new milestone, one that many of you moms reading this are way more familiar with than I am. I explained it to Matt by calling it the first stages of the I-can't-wait-until-my-child-goes-to-nursery stage. She wasn't bothering me today. I quite enjoyed her. However, she has reached a new degree of squirminess.

Now that she can stand up next to things if you put her there or help her up with your fingers - she has pulled herself up on things without assistance a few times but doesn't have the skill mastered yet - she wants to explore more things. Like Isabelle and Eliza and also Aubrey's toys. Scratching the wall is fun since it is so scratchy. Snuggling with Mom is ok if she is really tired but it can't last forever.

In Sunday School the fun continued as she got to enjoy her toys AND Rachel's toys. Rachel was most interested in Amy's binkie (which she put in her mouth of course so I took it away.) She was content when I gave her the little clip that keeps Amy's binkie attached to her dress. So Amy pretty much had free reign on Rachel's toys. They played well enough together for a while. Amy also liked walking around a bit behind the piano. Miraculously, she slept through all but the last few minutes of Relief Society. That was a nice nap, especially since she slept over 2 hours this morning. Only problem with the super long RS nap was how sore my bottom was getting from not moving. (I was holding her throughout that nap.)

Actually I probably handled it without getting bothered because for one thing, Amy was happy almost the whole time. That was nice. Not that I was able to listen to the Sunday School lesson that much, but at least she wasn't screaming. The other reason I'm not totally worn out is because of her awesome nap this morning. I had such an enjoyable, peaceful time reading scriptures, doing a few things for my calling, showering, doing hair and make-up, etc. That's right. I wore makeup. That's how much free time I had this morning. It was great.

Totally different subject but also about today: Matt conducted Sacrament Meeting for the first time ever. He did well. He didn't stumble over any parts or switch the order of things. Nothing embarassing. He just was a little quiet. He always gets that way when he is being reverent. Only problem, some of the older people don't hear so well. Oh, and sometimes when he talks quiet he mumbles. He did great though. So as an unusual treat today, Matt was able to come home and get Amy and me and spend a little bit of time helping get Amy ready. As soon as we got to the church Matt realized that he had left his backpack at home. It had all the notes and things in it that he would need to conduct the meeting so I had to go back and get it. I know it seemed a little silly to Nancy and Andrew for me to wave as we passed them just walking out of Orchard Creek, then to wave when they were halfway to church and I was headed back home and then to get out of the car at the church right when they were arriving. Hehe. What do you do? So that was our day. Time for dinner. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Amy is just about to start crawling. She can really get around now. :)

    And sorry about Rachel stealing Amy's pacifier. I swear, the girl won't touch them unless she sees another baby sucking on one. Then she's like, "Let me try! Oh, yeah, I don't like these"

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]