Sunday, May 18

Funny Kid Pictures

I read Baby Center stuff. Sometimes it just goes on and on, and I think it is rediculous. Other times I find it helpful. I saw this photo gallery today and thought it was funny. However, a lot of these pictures of "bad mommy" moments show scenes that I think are perfectly ok. I would let my kid play in the suitcase before or after a trip for instance. I think that if moms are feeling guilty for some of these kinds of things that is sad. I like to let Amy do whatever she wants that is safe for her and for important objects in our home. Not that I want to always indulge her, but I think that sometimes if you have to choose between a spotless house and a child who is having a good time, forget cleaning and make a big mess together while playing.

(By the way, my mother is a huge advocate for playing fun things with children. She was a lot of fun to have as a mom when I was a kid - still is really - and is even more fun as a Grammy. She is where I get a lot of my belief system. I'd love for my children to have as happy a childhood as I had.)

My favorite picture is the Pooh Bear head.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! How many of those pictures have we taken already...?

    Just think of the future...

    We're not bad mommies...just fun ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Happiness doesn´t always conflict with cleanliness but if it does, Happiness has to win!!

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]