Saturday, May 17

Knee Scoots & Chipmunks

Amy is as tired as a bear in mid-January. Bonnie just put her down in her crib and she started to fuss as she rolled over onto her tummy. This is common, but usually some quick shushing and light back-rubbing calms her right back down and she's out for the night. It seemed to be working tonight as well. She rolled onto her tummy and tucked in her legs which nicely propped her bum in the air (her favorite sleeping position). However, this time she decided to not calm down as I shushed her. She promptly pushed herself up with her hands into crawling position and, realizing she would have a hard time calming down quickly whilst in this position, I tried to remedy the situation. I grabbed each of her hands and pulled them forward to try and pull them out from under her, causing her to return to her favorite sleeping position. She, however, outsmarted Daddy on this one. As I pulled her hands forward, she scooted her legs forward and remained on her hands and knees. I tried again, and she continued. Next thing I knew we were all the way against the end of the crib. (It was kind of like doing a backwards, mixed-up wheelbarrow with someone.) I couldn't help but laugh and feel love for my little smarty-pants girl.

On another light note, Bonnie told me today that sometimes she says things to me because she wants to "look better in [my] eyes". I told her she was being silly and said "that's like an acorn trying to look better in the eyes of a chipmunk!" Yeah... how would that work?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]