Thursday, January 14

Jesus' Birthday

Christmas morning I asked Amy something, and she said "Jesus's birthday!" I don't remember what I had asked, but it was only semi-relevant to the significance of the holiday. We were so impressed that she knew what that day was.

I'm going to let the pictures and their explanations do most of the Christmas sum up. This is after stockings. Pure joy after opening her candy:



There are two things that Noel did most of the day. Screaming her head off was one of them. I think her mouth was hurting because of teething. Poor girl. I think her first Christmas was also the worst day of her life so far. This picture shows the other thing she did a lot:


Amy got a new Elmo coloring book and some crayons. Also pictured are a couple new books she got (from DI, sweet!) and a finger puppet nativity set.


We opened presents slowly to help enjoy all day. We decided to mostly let Amy remind us when to open presents and let her play in between. I think the last present was finally opened at 6:00pm. It seemed like a good idea. But it also made Matt and me a little anxious. We were trying to just sit back and enjoy the whole day, but I don't think we sit still well. Whenever there was a lull I think we pretty much just wanted to go to present opening by default. Still, I loved that we weren't rushed the whole day. We just relaxed and played and didn't do anything we normally feel like we have to do. How pleasant!

We listened to Christmas music all day. I love in this video how Daddy's all about dancing, and Amy's just doin her own talking thing.



Here are Amy and Daddy during one of the play breaks doing some of their tricks. We're impressed at how high Amy can kick her legs up in her upside down trick.





Amy opening a present. Matt's parents have a tradition of saying something you're thankful for before opening a present. I think that's a tradition we'll keep in our little family. No prompting Amy to say what she does in this video. She just naturally enjoyed the fact that it was Jesus' birthday all day. She is a sweetheart.



Something Matt got:



Amy loves her puzzles. We knew she would. Good.







Matt also got a back massager/ seat warmer for the truck (during winter) and for his chair at work (during warmer months.)

He gave me a new bathroom duckie set. When told that we already have a bathroom duckie set, her replied that we hope to have multiple bathrooms someday. I must say I love the idea of having multiple duckie bathrooms in my house. The set included towel, washcloth, hand towel, shower curtain, and trash can. The trash can is amazing. It quacks. All adorable presents. Thanks, hon!

Amy also got a toy laptop. She loves that too. And Candy Land. She really doesn't have a clue about playing Candy Land yet. I thought I might be able to show her every little step, and she'd be able to do it. But she wasn't interested. I can't think of anything else. That might be it.

Noel got a leap frog table toy thing. It's cute. It has lots of sounds and songs and buttons and slides. Amy loves it too. And it's not too annoying, at least not yet.

We had a great Christmas. I love that special holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]