After getting off the ferry, we stopped by the store to pick up a few things we purposely didn't bring (like diapers). Then we finally showed up at Dave and Donna's house. They are the couple we went up there to see and who I will mention more. We were much later than we thought we would be just because everything took so long. We enjoyed visiting with them for a while and appreciated the dinner they fed us. After a while, Donna showed us to our mobile home that we stayed in most nights we were there. We were grateful to be finally heading towards bed. I had slept 2 hours the night before, Matt a little less because we were getting ready for the trip. (And Matt got up to help Noel who was coughing during his precious 2 hours of sleep.) Matt slept a little on the plane, but I could not because I had both kids with me, and they weren't sleeping. They were good, just not sleepy. Different times during the day it would hit one of us how desperately tired we were. So we were very happy to go to bed at the end of that wonderful day.
I'm sorry I contributed in your late night/short sleep! If it's of any solace though, I went home totally 'on fire' about whipping our budget into shape, and it's taking form slowly, but surely. You guys are great friends to share your financial tips(and opportunity for sleep) with us!
ReplyDeleteOur pleasure. If it helped at all, it was worth it. It even felt worth it that night because we were so glad to help and because we love hanging out with you!
ReplyDelete