Friday, January 15

Washington Day 4, After Temple

After the temple, we went to the Sasses' house. Bishop Sass is the one who I mentioned in an earlier post teaching Gospel Doctrine. I just didn't feel like I had gotten enough time with them. I still don't feel like I did, but that visit sure helped. We caught up on family and on ward happenings. Although some of the things they shared with us were very sad, it was great to be with them. I shared with them my feeling of what a special place we were in, how people live there not knowing that to me Olalla is so special. And always will be. You return missionaries reading this know.

Then we went to dinner with Dave and Donna and family. The girls were beyond tired by this point - Amy had slept in the car and stayed asleep at the Sasses'. We were worried that they wouldn't be able to hold it together at dinner, but they did. We had another fun meal with their family. I am grateful that they all made us feel so comfortable.

When we got back to the house, Donna helped us pack up our stuff. She's great at getting things organized and stuffed in when you wouldn't have thought possible. It was very kind of her after a long day to do that for us. I enjoyed getting to spend those last minutes with her. We left early the next morning without being able to say goodbye.

Thank you to Dave and Donna for hosting us and spoiling us and most of all for allowing us to share this wonderful experience with you. And for letting me be a part of your conversion and progression in the gospel. I enjoyed working with you as a missionary and being with you a few times since. I love to feel your spirit and see the progress you have made. Hope to see you when you come to Utah! You are always welcome to visit and to stay with us. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]