Thursday, January 14

Washington Day 3, Gabe, Tanya, and Angel

Monday morning we met up with Gabe and company for breakfast. I taught Gabe early on in my time in Olalla. He accepted the gospel right away and was baptized. He then took it upon himself to be the coolest missionary helper and friend there ever could be. He gave us rides (when he had a lady in the car) and hung out with us on preperation days. He took care of the elders even more (because he didn't need to bring a lady around for that.) He was always willing to help in any way he could. We enjoyed all the time we spent with him, and I think he drew a lot of strength from spending time with the missionaries (even more casual time like when we were playing games at the church on p-days.)

A year later most of us who had served around Gabe were home, and Gabe moved to Utah. So we still got to see him sometimes. I think there were six of us there celebrating with him as he received his endowment in the Salt Lake Temple as soon as he possibly could get there. What a wonderful time that was!

Before too long, he moved back up to Washington. We stayed in touch pretty well for a while, but talked less frequently as time went on. Still, I think of Gabe often and always hope that is life is going well.

That was a lot of background. So Monday morning we met Gabe for breakfast. He brought Tanya, his girlfriend, and Angel, his lion with him to see/ meet us. Angel and I have spent quite a bit of time together and are close. I was thrilled to see her and take some pictures together. I had not met Tanya before and very much enjoyed getting to know her a little.

We had a good breakfast, talking and laughing, remembering those great mission days, asking if we've talked to so-and-so recently. You know. Catching up and reminiscing. We all wore yellow in my family. We had to. It's Gabe. He supported my yellow fanaticism and even sometimes found yellow things that I just had to have. A lot of people do that for me. He told Tanya before they came that I would be wearing yellow. I'm glad I didn't disappoint. It was fun to introduce Gabe to my husband and children. I don't know that either of us forsaw that happening back in the mission days. Thanks for hanging out with us Gabe and Tanya! Anything you would like to add?

This is Matt's face as I took celebratory picture because we found the camera battery that was missing. What a relief!


Tanya, Gabe, and Noel.


Angel and Me. A happy reunion. (We lion sat for a while when Gabe lived with a dog who liked to try to eat Angel. There was some bonding and some fun picture taking that happened during that time.)


Me, Angel, Gabe


Amy, Angel, Me


1 comment:

  1. I am beyond thrilled to see the pictures of all of us folk on the blog. Hearing a recount of my journey was fun. :) I loved meeting Matt, Amy and Noel. I LOVED holding Noel...she is SO adorable!! Thank you for coming to Washington and spending some of your precious time with Tanya, Angel and I. I can't tell you how happy Angel was to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]