Thursday, January 14

Washington Day 2, Church

Sunday morning we went to church in the Olalla Ward. That is where I spent 9 months as a missionary. (Missions are 18 months long for the young ladies, and 9 months is quite a while to stay in any one area.) So I knew the members of that ward really well. I've also gone back to visit the ward a couple of times. It's always fun to visit. It was surprising this time, however, to realize that I forgot some of the people's names. Nothing was quite as fresh in my mind this time around. And less people remembered me. Some thought I looked familiar but couldn't figure out who I was. It was still fun for me.

A wonderful surprise at church was when I found out that the former bishop was substituting (for his wife) teaching Gospel Doctrine. I had worked a lot with him while I was there, and I can not possibly explain how much I love, admire, and respect him. It was great to see him and an added bonus to hear his lesson.

After church, we had family flop. We were all still SO TIRED. Naps were just non-negotiable. I woke up first and was antsy to get visiting but reluctant to wake anyone up. Matt still had bronchitis, and Noel still had her ear infection (we found out the day before we left about both of those.) Plus we were tired from not enough sleep plus traveling. That nap was necessary for Matt to be able to function normally again. But as soon as everyone was up, we were off. People to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]