Friday, January 15

Washington Day 4, the Temple

The event that got us to Washington was Dave and Donna's sealing. So when we left Tuesday morning from the Bainbridges' house, it was to the temple. My cousin, David (brother of Daniel) and his wife, Monique live 10 minutes away from the temple. They said they could watch our kids while we were in the temple so that Matt could participate too. We appreciated their service SO MUCH! As it turned out, that included washing Noel's car seat too - Monique volunteered - because Noel had pooped all over in it right before we got to the temple.

We brought the girls to the temple before they went to Monique's house so that we could take family pictures (see below) and so I could feed Noel right before going into the temple. I ended up spending about 4 hours in the temple for instruction, the endowment and sealing so I was nervous about how Noel would do all that time away. She did fine although she really didn't eat much. Silly girl. Monique spoon fed her some breast milk, and she thought that was cool.

One fun thing about taking Amy to the temple is hearing her talk about Moroni. She knows he is on top of the temples. She also notices that we keep talking about him during our scripture study. She just doesn't know that we're talking about different Moronis. It's cute to hear her say his name and to love seeing the temple.

Being in the temple with Dave and Donna was wonderful. I reflected quite a bit on how special an opportunity it was to be there with them. When a person is baptized, you look forward to the time when they can go to the temple. How amazing to be there with them as they take this next step! I feel happy just thinking about it. Congratulations again, Dave and Donna, on this wonderful step you took!

I was happy to see quite a few friends supporting Dave and Donna in the temple. I hope they will continue to feel loved and supported as they progress further.









No comments:

Post a Comment

[Cookie-Monster Voice]Comments!!!! Comments comments comments commments!!! Mmmmmm! Comments![/Cookie-Monster Voice]